How To Prepare Herbal Foot Bath
- Boil two pots of water (about 12 cups).
- Add boiling water to bucket with 2-3 sachets of footsoak herbs.
- Boil another pot of water (6-8 cups)
- After allowing the herbs to steep a few minutes, add two pots of cold water to bring it to a safe temperature.
- Bring your bucket and the third pot of boiled water to your chair. Soak feet! Add hot water as it cools.
Cautions and Contraindications
Within 7 days post-surgery
Open wounds or burns on feet, ankles, or lower legs
Cautions and Considerations:
Avoid doing foot soaks if you are hungry
Avoid doing foot soaks under a draft
Avoid if bleeding heavily during menstruation
Caution with unregulated hypertension, making sure your provider is aware of your condition
If using teabags in a bath, do not recline and submerge your chest in water, stay in an upright seated position
Similar to a vigorous workout, foot soaks are stimulating if done longer than 20min, therefore if using at night only soak for a shorter duration (>20min)
Keep your feet dry and warm after your foot soak